What is Paper?¶
Paper, and the PaperMC project behind it, exist to expand the platforms upon which it is built. Paper has a relatively small team, despite that, we have received a large amount of attention and a great showing of support from both server administrators and fellow developers.
As such, we focus on a few things:
- A performant server is paramount.
- Giving back to the community matters.
- Mojang’s decisions and assumptions are not necessarily the best for everyone.
Paper is largely composed of two projects:
- Paper-API, An enhanced version of the Bukkit API.
- Paper-Server, usually just referred to as Paper, Paper-Server is an enhanced implementation of the server that goes hand-in-hand with our enhanced API.
There are also other, more technical, projects that support the above two projects. For more information on that see The Structure of PaperMC